Is more always better when it comes to sales follow-ups?
The state of outbound outreach today is to build a list of prospects, add them to a sales cadence and start executing the various activities (emails, calls, etc in the cadence) mechanically.
It works. At Least somewhat. For the prospects in your list who were already looking for a solution.
But what about prospects who are not?
You’re likely burning a large portion of your list for whom the cadence was not relevant.
Truth is, your prospects are all at different stages in their journey to becoming a buyer.
Some are already looking for a solution. These are prospects with high buying intent. All you need to do is reach out at the right time and you have your meeting.
But there are others who are not so further along in the buying journey.
Some experience the problem you solve. But not intensely enough to make them active solution seekers.
And there are others who go about their grind without the problem ever crossing their mind.
Image source: Demand-side Sales by Bob Moesta.
Are you using the same sales cadence for all of your prospects? Or do you have a strategy for prospects who are at different stages of buyer intent?
Because there is no single cadence which can resonate with prospects at different stages of intent. And no, adding 17 different steps does not qualify you as a sales hacker: rather a sales harasser at best, because you’re irritating prospects by blindly hammering out a set of activities dictated by a cadence that does not resonate.
But what if you could classify prospects on the basis of high intent, medium intent, and low intent? And then magically transfer them to different cadences?
We built Cadence Playbooks to give you these exact powers.
Once you create different cadences for prospects with Low, Medium and High Intent, use Cadence Playbooks to set up rules which automatically move prospects into those different cadences.
The result? You effortlessly pace the right prospecting momentum for every prospect based on their intent level.
Read on to discover how Cadence Playbooks helps you execute the right activities at every stage of intent.
Table of Contents
What is Cadence Playbooks all about?
Cadence Playbooks helps you
- Detect intent in prospects
- Establish the right next steps for every prospect
- Prioritize prospects based on intent.
With Playbooks, you gain visibility into where prospects are in their buying journey, move prospects from cadence to cadence based on intent, and execute precisely those activities which take each prospect towards a meeting.
So Cadence Playbooks,
- Removes any need for blind follow-ups. No more setting the same cadence for every prospect.
- Prioritizes based on intent. Personalized attention for high intent, automation for low-intent
- Focuses on ‘right activities’ not ‘more activities’. Fewer emails, fewer voicemails, more meetings.
How does Cadence Playbooks detect intent?
In a sales cadence, a prospect shows intent through opening your emails, clicking links, replying or accepting a LinkedIn connect request.
Every time a prospect engages with your cadence, Playbooks detects activity metrics (opens, clicks, replies) as well as activity frequency (opening emails 3 times, clicking links 2 times in a cadence).
A prospect who has opened 8 of your 9 follow-ups and clicked a couple of links has higher buying intent than one who opens only 6 emails and merely reads them.
You’re now able to drive prospects who show high buying intent to a new cadence, send a different cadence for the moderate intent group and add another cadence for those with shallow intent.
As soon as you set up the cadences and add prospects to your cadence, Playbooks directs every prospect to the next right step no matter where they are in their buying journey.
How do you use Cadence Playbooks?
Opens, clicks, and replies are the primary intent criteria based on which prospects are grouped within Playbooks.
You can also pre-set finer filters such as the number of cadence emails a prospect has to engage with before adding them to a cadence.
This helps you detect which prospects have high intent and who needs more time to convert.
What you get out of Cadence Playbooks
- Intent-driven answers to the ‘who’, ‘when’ and ‘what’ questions your reps have with respect to sales outreach.
- Prioritizing your time on high-intent prospects. While you build intent with automation in the others who are not yet ready to buy.
- Executing the right activities for the right prospect results in a shorter sales cycle. Your reps now have more time to scale outreach and hit quota consistently.
Transform your sales team with Cadence Playbooks
- Your sales team would not have to resort to blind follow-ups. Instead, you build an intent-driven strategy to prospect intelligently and hit quota with less effort. Outbound does not have to become an arms race to make more calls, send more emails.
- Your buyers come first – With Playbooks, buyer-centric becomes more than a buzzword. You become instantly aware of a prospect’s intent and personalize your activities accordingly. This means prospects receive the right message at the right time, convert faster and love doing business with you.
What’s coming next
Cadence Playbooks is just the beginning.
We have more lined up for you to take your sales outreach to the next level. Klenty users will soon be able to
- Assign a score to prospects based on intent
- Set and use call disposition to improve intent detection
- See suggested tasks from Klenty based on intent