Are you a salesperson using Pipedrive CRM and looking to integrate it with your lead generation tool for better productivity?
Then, you’ve reached the right place.
One of the killer benefits of using a CRM like Pipedrive is the strong focus on the sales process and the sales funnel view. When you begin using Pipedrive CRM, it is important that you set up your deal stages right.
This identifies and defines the various stages that your prospective buyer will go through to convert from a lead to a sale.
A sample funnel would look like this:
Once you have taken the time to think through your deal stages and implement the process in Pipedrive, magic begins to happen.
Each person on your team then has a simple objective:
- Your marketing/ lead generation engine adds qualified leads to the left of the funnel.
- Your sales team picks the leads assigned to them and can focus on moving as many leads as far down the funnel as possible.
There is instant clarity on what every member of the team needs to do to move each prospect to the next stage. You become aware of deals which are rotting i.e. not moving forward or stuck at a certain stage. Your sales reps know which deals to prioritize in order to hit quotas this month and the next.
It takes a few weeks and iterations to get this right. But once done, it can bring immense predictability to your entire sales forecasting.
Once you have gotten this process setup, there is only one more ingredient to rapid growth. You need to add more fuel to the fire i.e add more leads to the left of the funnel and watch them flow down magically into customers and revenue.
Table of Contents
Pipedrive CRM as the Source of Truth for your Leads
Beyond just managing your sales process and pipeline, Pipedrive as a CRM is also an ideal system of record for all your interactions with your leads/ prospects.
For example, when a lead signs up for a webinar or downloads a white paper, a record will be automatically created in Pipedrive (and your marketing automation system if you use any). Your sales team can see that a lead has been created, but it is not yet a “sales-ready” lead. At this stage, you may not have any additional information apart from an email id and name.
The marketing team/ automation system then starts nurturing the lead through email drips and progressively scoring the lead to collect more information and understand the level of pain, requirement, urgency, budget etc. Once the lead has crossed a qualification threshold, it moves to the “sales-ready” bucket (Marketing Qualified Lead) – and sales can then start working on the lead.
Correspondingly, in your outbound funnel, your sales development team will work off a list of prospects identified from an “ideal customer profile”. A record may be created in Pipedrive to indicate that an outbound campaign is underway. Once you start your outbound campaign, the prospect can then be scored based on the level of interest shown and then moved to the “Sales Ready” pipeline when they have expressed interest in your product/ offering.
In both cases, it is ideal to have the CRM act as the single source of truth that contains all the details of your communication with that prospect and serves as the system of record for your sales and marketing teams.
The good news is that Pipedrive integrates with a full-blown ecosystem of tools that work seamlessly to add more leads to the top of your sales funnel and drive growth.
Pipedrive Integrations for Outbound Lead Generation
While inbound is a great source of leads once you get your marketing flywheel in motion, at the early stages or depending on the nature of product/service which you offer, it can take significant time and investment to start producing leads consistently. Inbound leads can often fluctuate in quality and quantity – and are tough to predict.
Most companies proactively make a list of target prospects and reach out to them to initiate a conversation a.k.a outbound lead generation to generate predictable revenue growth.
The key stages of the outbound funnel are:
- List building: Here you may be using a list building service – which will start building prospects based on criteria you have indicated or you can use advanced search options in social media such as in Linkedin to find potential prospects. This list of prospects then needs to be updated in Pipedrive
- Cold Outreach: Once you have identified these prospects, you need a way to reach out to these leads at scale. There is also additional followup and multiple touches required to convert these into qualified leads. Once you have found interested leads, you can move them to your sales-ready funnel and add them to your deal stages in Pipedrive.
List building tools
AeroLeads is a B2B web prospecting software which finds emails from sources like LinkedIn, Crunchbase, AngelList, etc. and also find contacts for these prospects. The tool also offers a “Done for you” service where if you provide them your target persona, they will generate a list of prospects within 48 hours.
It natively integrates with Pipedrive which helps in:
- Transferring your profile data into the Pipedrive CRMCheck out AeroLeads on Pipedrive Marketplace
Leadfeeder is a lead generation & website visitor tracking tool that identifies real companies visiting your website that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. It connects to your Google Analytics data and uses the IP addresses of your visitors to map them to companies across the world. By integrating with Pipedrive, you can:
- Fill your pipeline with new leads
- Automate Repetitive Tasks and Push leads that meet your criteria straight to Pipedrive, ready for your sales team to take forward.
- Record Website Activity when leads reach Pipedrive, their website behaviour will be recorded there too, so that all key information is in one place.
Email Automation tools
Klenty is a sales engagement platform that can help sales teams reach out to prospects by sending personalized emails and automated follow-ups at scale. Using Klenty, you can automate all the repetitive activities involved in your sales process like sending cold emails, follow-ups, tracking engagement metrics, etc – so that you can focus more on activities like building relationships and closing deals.
Klenty has a tight integration with Pipedrive which allows you to:
- Automatically import/export contacts with Pipedrive.
- Set up detailed workflows to automatically create a lead or move the deal stage when a reply is detected.
- Start/stop email campaigns from inside Pipedrive.
- Automatically sync email data back into Pipedrive.
Outbound calling tools
Aircall is a cloud phone system and call center software that allows businesses to fully manage their telephone needs. It offers local and international numbers in over 40 countries, allows for team collaboration, in-depth analytics, and many more. It also integrates with Pipedrive providing the following:
- Instantly add call center features to Pipedrive
- Automatically log your calls and get the data you need right before taking the call
Toky is a full-featured Business Phone System that allows your customers and team to communicate seamlessly using the internet. It connects with Pipedrive and helps with the following:
- Manage your inbound/outbound calls
- Uses a chrome plugin that makes it easy to start calls right from inside Pipedrive.
Kixie is an AI powered sales dialer and enterprise phone service which takes your sales process to the next level with one-click PowerCall dialing, local presence dialing, automatic call logging, lifetime call recordings, realtime call coaching, and advanced sales metrics. It has an intelligent Pipedrive CRM integration which assist in:
- Starting a call in minutes with the Kixie dialer for Pipedrive
- Connecting to more leads with AI instantly
- Viewing your caller’s profile on incoming and outgoing calls with the Kixie PowerCall screen pop.
Pipedrive Integrations for Inbound Lead Generation
Inbound Leads are generated from various marketing channels like blog posts, newsletters, social media campaigns, etc. Some of these will be Free Trial Signups/ Demo Requests etc – which are more sales-ready/ have shown some inclination to buy.
Other leads in this funnel might be newsletter/ blog subscribers – these are leads who are checking out your product, reading your content and starting a relationship. But they may not be ready to buy yet. With some nurturing, these are potential customers who will be ready to buy over a period of time. Take GrooveHq for example, where over 10% of blog subscribers become free trial users within 30 days (2x the normal visitor to free trial conversion).
The key here is to ensure that all leads are automatically captured in your CRM – without any manual intervention. Once you have captured these leads, you can then begin to nurture them using an email marketing + marketing automation software – while you continue to track/ score your leads based on how engaged they are with your brand/ content.
Lead Capture Tools:
Gravity Forms is a WordPress plugin used originally for contact forms, but in a more general sense, it allows site owners to create forms to collect information. Gravity Forms can be used for contact forms, WordPress post creation, calculators, employment applications and more. If you use WordPress to power your webpage/ blog etc, then Gravity forms help you capture leads and create a Person in Pipedrive automatically.
Some of the specific features of Gravity forms and Pipedrive integration are:
- Support for multiple forms to be mapped to Pipedrive
- Support for advanced / custom fields in Pipedrive
- Creation of a Pipedrive contact to attach to your new deal
- Support for Gravity Forms logic – choose which entries are sent to Pipedrive
Beyond simple Signup forms, you can use surveys, quizzes and Lightbox forms, pop-overs to encourage your visitors to provide you their email address. Blitzen helps you achieve all of the above. When integrated with Pipedrive, you can:
- Route the form data automatically to Pipedrive to create new deals, contacts, notes, and accounts.
- Collect valuable lead intelligence using surveys
- Do lead grading and segmentation in Blitzen and assign only the best leads to your sales team in Pipedrive.
HappyFox chat is a live chat software tool which is extremely convenient for your visitors to have a conversation with you regarding your service. Having a live chat that directly plugs into your CRM has the additional benefit of being able to automatically create a lead when a new chat conversation starts.
HappyFox chat goes one step further and integrates with Pipedrive to keep your Sales and Support teams on the same page and close deals faster. The benefits of this integration are:
- Keep your sales and support data in sync always
- Leverage up-to-date customer data and resolve issues faster.
- Never let any prospect fall through the cracks.
- Everything your sales team needs to close the deal faster is right at their fingertips.
- Get the complete picture, foster productivity and gain actionable insights.
Email marketing tools:
Drip (from LeadPages) is a lightweight marketing automation software that helps you nurture your prospects with email campaigns and track their activity on your webpage. Drip integration with Pipedrive lets you to:
- Send your leads from Drip to Pipedrive
Wishpond is a marketing automation platform similar to Drip, but has an additional array of features for advanced users. This includes being able to set up landing pages, contests and promotions, website form capture, etc. With Pipedrive integration, Lead management becomes easy and you can achieve the following:
- Send all the leads to your Pipedrive account.
- Manage and organize the leads in your sales pipeline.
A sales-centric marketing tool that helps in automating email marketing based on the data in your CRM. This gives your sales team context about leads and insights on closing deals. Outfunnel provides seamless 2-way integration with Pipedrive and Mailchimp which helps in analyzing the number of opens, clicks and unsubscribes via Pipedrive. In addition to these, you can:
- Auto-add Pipedrive contacts or deals to Mailchimp lists, so you can start new Automation campaigns for new leads.
- Use Pipedrive filters to define which contacts are synced to Mailchimp, so you don’t need to worry about exceeding contact limits.
- Mailchimp sends, opens, clicks and unsubscribes are recorded in Pipedrive.
- Create new Pipedrive contacts when people fill Mailchimp forms.
- Easy and robust management of unsubscribes.
ActiveDEMAND is a marketing automation software that aids in call tracking. Call tracking empowers marketers to manage various call tracking campaigns from one account. It integrates with Pipedrive to provide the following features:
- Sync your marketing leads with your sales CRM
- Move your prospects through the sales funnel
- Drip campaigns
- Appointment scheduling
Use Pipedrive CRM as an integrated Sales and lead generation platform
Having a tightly integrated platform that serves as the single source of record for sales and lead generation ensures that you maintain a consistent record of all leads and track their conversion into customers. It is a key ingredient to ensure that you don’t have a leaky sales funnel and are able to attribute leads to various channels.
With tight integration, you can ensure that the volume of incoming leads that enter your sales funnel remains high and fuels your sales growth.